Aims and Objectives
Some of the specific aims set in the GREEN TOUR project are:
- To develop a blended training course that allows the participations (young people and others) to acquire and improve professional skills and competences related to green tourism and ecology.
- To underline the importance of using new IT and marketing possibilities (website, mobile applications, e-newsletter, QR code) in sustainable and green tourism.
- To allow learners to continue living in the rural areas by increasing new opportunities of employability, developing the existing small businesses and potentiate new ones, preserving local nature and cultural background and also promote the green and nature conservation.
- To raise awareness and cooperation on relevant stakeholders, manufacturers and local development associations about tourism potential of their regions, facilitating the definition of policies and strategies, with the objective of minimalizing the use of scarce and non-renewable resources in the development and operation of tourism facilities and services and thus reduce the impact of tourism on energy and water demand.
- To emphasize the importance of creating ecotourism programs, guides for deaf, blind and handicapped people in the field of rural/green tourism.
- To motivate the cooperation between local entrepreneurs, companies, municipalities, manufacturers and the maintainer of ecotourism attractions and National Parks.
- The project will be a local developer tool to deprived regions, increasing their employment potential.